Happy New Year!
I hope that you have had a good break and been able to take time to reflect on the remarkable truth that ‘The Word became flesh and lived among us’. This awesome truth marks the beginning of Jesus’ mission to ‘seek and to save the lost’ and it is His Mission that He invites us to join Him in wherever we are living in the world.
For me, it has been good to take some time to reflect on this truth and also to spend time with Lynn and my family. Now, as the new year begins, I am looking ahead to what could be an amazing year for The Rooftop movement around the world. I wanted, in this first Newsletter of the year, to introduce some key themes for prayer.
As the movement continues to spread into new countries and continents there are some new features that I will be adding to The Rooftop during 2019. As you know, the mission statement of The Rooftop is ‘Joining Jesus in His Mission’ and, as I travel the world, I see over and over again how important it is that leaders and Christian believers recognize that it is HIS mission that must be central to all that we are and do.
To this end, I am beginning two new initiatives:
‘Joining Jesus’ Podcast.
In a few weeks, I will begin a weekly podcast around the theme of Joining Jesus. The Podcast will be centered around different people, in different parts of the world, who are joining Jesus in His Mission. Each Podcast will include:
- A conversation with a Christian who is joining Jesus in His Mission where they are living.
- Biblical teaching that edifies and empowers every Christian to join Jesus in His Mission.
- Practical suggestions and helpful advice on how to Join Jesus in His Mission.
As a prayer partner, I would be thrilled for you to connect with this podcast, for more details on how to do this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and just say ‘please provide more information about the ‘Joining Jesus Podcast’.
‘Joining Jesus’ Discipleship Process.
Throughout 2019 I will be introducing a discipleship process that I, and National Pioneers in countries around the world, will use to equip leaders and Christian believers to become effective disciple-makers. This has 2 applications:
- Equipping pastors to become effective leaders of Missional communities.
- Equipping Christians to become, and make, disciples.
As the podcast and discipleship process are introduced, I would really appreciate your prayers that God will:
- Inspire me to create material that He can use to equip His church to join Him in His Mission.
- Enable our National Pioneers in countries around the world to gather leaders and Christians to join this process.
- Use these resources to accelerate a global disciple-making movement.
Another key development in 2019 is the further spread of the movement into new continents. This will begin very soon as I will be travelling to Latin America to launch The Rooftop in a number of countries. Here is my itinerary:
Jan 9-12 In Los Angeles meeting with Hispanic pastors about an Hispanic church led Rooftop City Encounter in 2019.
Jan 12-15 In San Pedro Sula, Honduras, meeting with pastors and launching The Rooftop Honduras.
Jan 16-19 In La Union El Salvador, meeting with pastors and launching The Rooftop El Salvador.
Jan 19-23 In Lima, Peru, meeting with pastors and launching The Rooftop Peru.
Jan 23-27 In Buenos Aries, Argentina, meeting with pastors and launching The Rooftop Argentina.
Over the next few days I will be making final preparations for this trip, please be praying:
- That the Lord will go before me and open the doors that He wants to open. There are opportunities to meet with many pastors as well as regional and national leaders in each of the countries that I visit and it is important that we stay in step with HIS Mission.
- For strength and stamina as I travel to many different places in a short period of time.
- For my ‘Spanish’, I will be travelling with bi lingual people in each country but will also need to use Spanish – please pray that my learning will accelerate quickly.
- For the funds needed for this trip.
- For Lynn as I am away for three weeks. I have been at home for a long spell (for me) and the first trip away after a period of being together is always harder.
Thank you so much.